Monday, January 19, 2015

Walking In Style?

My painting is a representation of mother earth, the empowerment of women, and the sacrifice women face in their everyday lives. In my painting I have a young single mother holding her pregnant stomach as the world, and a stiletto shoe. The stiletto shoe I put in to make the statement "Try Walking In Her Shoes". This statement to me means a lot because there is so many people in this world who are careless or oblivious to what woman go through in lives of poverty. One of the things I want people to realize is that woman and single mothers all over the world are a leading movement, they are the driving force in the economy. Women suffer everyday trying to provide for their children, keep a household, and provide food...but still can't afford a pair of shoes. In the meantime, the more fortunate are just sacrificing there feet to pull off a pair of fancy shoes. Look at the difference, open your eyes, and make a change. Next time your looking at a pair of over expensive shoes that you cant afford, think of the single mothers all over the world who are in need. We can make a difference.

- Makayla, Grade 9

2 comments:

  1. Great job...I really like your theme and your finished product....you make a very strong statement empowering women....well. Done....mrs (nan) madsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of your painting and I really like how it says Try Walking in her shoes. You have done a really good job. You are a great painter!

    ReplyDelete