Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Girls Help Hold Up The World

My artwork focuses on girls in India that are unable to go to school. I chose India because there are a lot of unprivileged girls there. More than 50 per cent of girls fail to enrol in school because they have to stay home and work and also because of gender discrimination and poverty. Those that do go to school, are likely to drop out by the age of 12 (america.cry.org). My art shows how girls help to hold up the world. I believe if more girls had the chance to go to school it would be a better world because they would have new ideas that they could contribute to making the world a better place.  I hope my artwork inspires everyone to stand up and make a difference in the world!

- Anisha, Grade 9

2 comments:

  1. Aisha...your artwork inspired me...it's fun to see the completed results from your class. You show a lot of insight beyond your years....impressive results. (nan) madsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great message ! A friend recently retired and is opening a school for girls in the "Red Light' district of a huge Indian city. She learnt first hand of the plight of these girls when she travelled to India for her job - and decided to do something! Just like you are doing through your art.

    ReplyDelete