Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Path to Success

My picture shows a girl that has been given the chance to walk down the path of education. It shows that education can open doors for young girls to have a chance at a happy life. Two thirds of all uneducated people are women. Girls who are uneducated are likely to  be discriminated against and continue to live in poverty. "For every year a girl spends in school, she raises her family income by up to 20%" (care.ca). My picture does not represent a certain country because I believe all girls need to be educated. Education opens doors to all sorts of other opportunities. Having an education empowers a woman to do things that she might have never even dreamt of before. I think that we have been presented with a chance to help people, and we are doing our best to show all that with our art.

- Jenny, Grade 10

3 comments:

  1. Very inspirational. I love the optimism of your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you obviously had a good understanding for this project. Your painting is well done and definitely portrays your statement. Mrs ( nan ) madsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jenny!! I really like the colours and the glitter is a nice touch! I hope you can make a difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete