Friday, January 16, 2015

Proper Education

134 million children between the ages of 7-18 have never been to school.  Girls are more likely to go without schooling than boys. In the Middle East and North Africa, girls are much more likely than boys to be denied access.  My artwork represents girls who deserve a chance at education. I painted an open book with women holding hands in the background. Listed on the book is some of the countries in poverty. I believe if girls were given more of a chance to go to school they could help change the world and inspire more girls to get a good education.

- Dakota, Grade 9

2 comments:

  1. Having seen these works of art in progress,I am so impressed with the completed results. Your artwork shows a sincerity and thoughtfulness beyond your years....powerful stuff....great job. (nan). Madsen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Dakota! I love the detail and the use of ink!

    ReplyDelete