Monday, January 19, 2015

The Unknown Pain

My picture is done in watercolour and ink. I organized my picture according to the rule of thirds. It represents a woman being empowered by her country. I chose Russia as my region because its problems don't get as much attention as third world countries. The main issue I chose to focus on was violence against women. In 1993 14,000 women in Russia were murdered by their husbands or lovers. I was inspired by the bold colours of St. Basil's Cathedral in Red Square. The Cathedral symbolizes Russia's proud history, and the woman symbolizes all of the abused women in Russia that don't have the power to leave. She has the power to walk away because she is inspired by the strength of her country.  Empowering and educating women is so important because women who are educated are less likely to be abused.

Delaney, Grade 10

4 comments:

  1. Wow I'm impressed with your research..I didn't t know those statistics. You also did an excellent job executing you painting...way to go. (nan) Madsen....Mrs. Cacaci s mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Delaney! Nice painting! I hope you can inspire people and make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delaney! What an amazing piece of art you have created! Your painting is inspiring and so are you :)
    Mrs. Buemann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic picture, Delaney! Your art is amazing and your understanding of the subject is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete