Thursday, March 1, 2012

If I Could Talk

My painting is of a Great Blue Heron. It is called "If I could talk" because, if this heron could talk, it would be screaming out all the words in the speech bubble. The Great Blue Heron needs our help, because they can't verbally express the sadness and worries they feel. There are buildings in the background to reflect the growth in urbanization which is causing the heron's numbers to diminish. Sometimes people even build right over top of their nesting areas, which are near swamps and wetlands. I wanted my painting to have an impact, and make people feel like they want to make a change. Animals are important to British Columbia. Without them, this province wouldn't be "The Best Place on Earth." An endangered species law must be introduced to BC before the Great Blue Heron, along with over 1900 other endangered species, become extinct.

Emily, Grade 10

No comments:

Post a Comment