Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Think

The animal that I chose is a Barn Owl. The barn owl in BC is in grave danger. Its food supply is being killed off by pesticides and its home is being destroyed (www.protectbiodiversity.ca). Many people say that the eyes are the doorway to the soul. This is why I made the eyes on my owl powerful. I want people to realize what this animal has experience - has a soul. In my art, I made some words more prominent than others: "think", "life", "food", "home", and "saved". These words outline what is most important to the barn owl and they are intended to make us think. "Saved" is my favourite word. It means there is a chance, not only for the Barn Owl to survive, but for other endangered species too. I can only hope that in the future this beautiful species will be all around us. Just think about how we will be affected when our native species are no longer with us.

Gabie, Grade 10

No comments:

Post a Comment