Friday, January 6, 2012

Making a Difference

If one woman can change her life and make a difference in the lives of others, imagine what 3.3 million strong and capable women can do.... My painting is meant to replicate this idea. The woman in my painting is strong and holding a tool of power- the hammer. With the hammer she strikes a glass ball. The ball is a symbol of poverty, and everything women must fight to be free and independent. The tip of the hammer is immersed in blue flames. These flames are a literal and figurative representation of the force women can make. Overall my painting is demonstration of the impact women can make as individuals and as a group.

-Morgan, Grade 10

2 comments:

  1. Morgan...with your insight I can definitely see you " making" a difference in this world, I love your theme and the way you completed the project. Well done. I look forward to coming into your class ,having seen what you girls are capable of. ( nan) madsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Morgan !! You are a very talented artist!

    ReplyDelete