Monday, January 9, 2012

Tigers At Heart

In my artwork, I chose to represent Somalia. I did this by incorporating tigers, an African border, and people wearing African war masks. I used water colour and ink to mix together bright patterns.  My painting is supposed to show how fiercely woman can fight to break through poverty if they are given the chance. Every day, terrible things happen to over 1 000 women in Somalia. Only 24% of woman are literate and 1 in 10 woman risk dying during pregnancy. Many woman are forced into prostitution to help support their families, and 97% of female prostitutes start before the age of 14.  Even though many woman are never given a chance to be great, they still shine on the inside, and the hand of a man will never be able to force down that power.

- Jaymee, Grade 10

5 comments:

  1. Wow...what a powerful painting...having seen your art in progress it's great to see how well you completed it great job...I'm impressed. (nan) madsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jaymee you probably won't read this but you picture looks very pleasant even the part you didn't like.Good bye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ovs the best painting of them all. i appreciate the sprinkled in tigers. - ryan renalds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your painting and the detail is so good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sick painting Bro !

    ReplyDelete