Tuesday, May 22, 2018


Coming Soon...





Food For Thought

Check back here to see how Sa-Hali art students explored the theme of food. Making sense of contemporary mass production and contrasting it with First Nations traditions of healthy and sustainable food practices.






Fishalicious

For my art piece, I created a silhouetted person dip netting. I chose to do this because fisheries are harming our naturally bred fish by flushing artificial waste from the farmed fish into the natural environment. Fisheries affect abundance, spawning potential, and population parameters (growth, maturation, etc.) I made many changes and corrections throughout the creation process of my painting. For example I was originally going to do a fishery truck dumping their fish into the water someone was dip netting in, but my teacher helped me to understand that my painting didn’t need to be so complicated. I wanted a lot of bright colours to show how happy it made our environment seem that my person wasn’t harming the planet by littering extra fishing line on the ground and the fish were natural. Since I am in both Mrs. Cacaci’s art class and Mrs. Adkins’ foods class, my knowledge of how the First Peoples lived has improved greatly, twice as much than if I was just in one of the two classes. Overall, I’m happy with how my, and my peers’ projects turned out!

Brooklynn Ayotte
Grade 9













No comments:

Post a Comment